• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Lake Sidney Lanier, Nov 15th, 2014

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
At our November bass club tourney at Lanier on Saturday we fished 6:30-3:30 out of Saudis Ramp. I was fortunate to finish 3rd out of 12 anglers weighing in 5 fish for 9.74 pounds. With early inclement weather in Georgia the water temp is 58 degF, which was down 5 degrees since last Saturday. Air temp was 28 degrees at blast off with the wind howling out of the east at 10-15 mph. The high that day was mid 40's. Around 10am the wind seemed to lay then swapped directions to come out of the SSE. Fishing actually picked up a bit after that. I missed a half dozen (short strikers on SpBait & CBait) had 4 hooked that got off before I got them to the boat on a crankbait, I broke off 2 on a plastic worm & 8lb test and had 3 short fish - below the 14" minimum - in the boat besides the 5 keepers that I weighed. Fighting ice-up on the rod eyes and line guides until about 9am I think it turned out to be a pretty good day.

My tools of the trade that day were a White BooYah Spinnerbait, a Norman Deep Little N Crankbait in Lavender Shad & Limeade colored Zoom finesse worm Texas Rigged. Four of my keepers including a Lipper were on the crankbait and one was on the worm. No fish, for me, was more than say 12-15 feet deep and the 2.5 pound Largemouth Bass I had seemed to come out of 6 inches of water. He was right on the bank. In my sack was also a 2.5 pound Spot and I had one just barely over the 14" mark. My other two were respectable Spots in the 1.5-2 pound range. My partner had 2 fish for 3.75 pounds. He was having a rough day Frown There was also a 10.43 pound sack (2nd place) and an 11.34 pound sack of fish (1st place) ahead of me - 5 fish limits. Another gentleman took big fish honors with a 4.5 pound Spotted Bass. That thing was a chunk. I'll see if I can get a picture of it to share.