• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Lake Sidney Lanier ; Jan17th, 2015

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
Not much of a report but here goes - Lake Sidney Lanier presented tough conditions on a beautiful tournament day. It was the first nice day after a week of cold rainy conditions. I believe all 12 anglers weighed in at least a single fish. Top angler brought 3 fish for 7.57 pounds to win it and a different angler took big fish with his lone 4.87 pound Largemouth. I could only coax a single Spotted Bass to the boat. It weighed 3.00 pounds and was caught on a Gary Yamamoto 4" Double Tail Grub, Cinnamon Black & Purple Flake, with collar (Creepy Crawler) stitched (fished really slow) on rocks 35 feet deep.

Water surface was 48 to 50 degF. Air was 33 to 56 degF on a moderately windy day. Wind was a constant 6-10 mph (ESE) gusting to 22 mph. Fishing from 7:30am - 4pm it made for a long day. Good news is that during the day I located two new brush piles using my new Lowrance 5x hdi fishfinder... on a lake I have fished since the late 70's. Love the new fishfinder! This was my first chance to use it and I can report that it was very simple to install, configure and use.