• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Lake Sidney Lanier, Dec 6th, 2014

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
Late getting this report out. The water surface temp was warmer at 56 degF. We fished from 7am-3pm putting in at Sardis Ramp and in the end I weighed in 4 Spots for 8.17 pounds. Three were nice 2 to 2.5 pounders and my last one just barely went 14". Lanier has a 14" minimum length limit on both Largemouth and Spotted bass. The first two were on a white Boo-Yah Spinnerbait up shallow. The last two came on plastic worms on steeper banks. We didn't have anything on the edge of the flats like the last trip and I just couldn't entice that 5th fish. My partner caught 8 fish but only had 2 keepers. These two went 4.5 pounds with one going 2.98 pounds. Nice day on the lake - in the rain!

The weather almanac showed the following local conditions for Saturday Dec 6th, 2014 - a high air temp of 55, a low air temp of 47 and 0.63 inches of rain.

The shallow bite is most likely gone for the season as I checked the US Army Corps of Engineers number this morning and they report 51 degrees for a water surface temperature. They also report a Lake Lanier Water Level of 1,067.17 Feet MSL for Friday, December 12, 2014. This level is 3.83 feet below the full pool of 1,071. This has been a steady level for some time (since Nov 12th) even though they're trying their best to get it to the winter pool level of 1065.