• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Jamaica Bay Fishing

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Went out this morning for a few hours to continue my hunt for a keeper Weakfish. Nothing doing except a bunch of Sea Robbins, a few short Fluke and a few short Seabass. This guy was the only one worth a pic.

barresi

Went out earlier this morning. The Porgy bite was pretty good. Found a good spot and fishe the whole outgoing tide. Caught 22 keeper Porgies along with a buch of short Seabass and Porgies. I hooked up with a short Seabass and as I was reeling him in, my rod took a thump. Then I began to reel in some more and this poor little Seabass was cut in two. Had to be a moster Bluefish. Anyways, things are starting to look good for Jamaica Bay fishing. Tight lines everyone.

barresi

Went out on Saturday with a friend from work. We fished about 100yds south of Marine Park Bridge, in a spot with in the spot. We didn't arrive at the right tide, so we waited it out. Two hours later, we hooked up with 14 keeper Porgies and whole bunch of shorts within 30 mins. Not bad for actually 30 mins of fishing and 2 hrs waiting. Called it a day. I'm done with Porgy fishing for awhile. Going to continue my hunt for Weakfish.

Attachments

barresi

I was out a 05:30 this morning, by the time I started fishing, around 0600, the thunder storms started. I stuck it out as long as I could. The bite was decent, but no Weakfish. Caught a bunch of Northern Kingfish, Seabass, Porgies and Sea Robbins. No pics, it was too wet.

Last edited:
L

Larry

Hey b or b...if Pa gets the members meet together next year...you gotta come...we will have some great fishin'!:D

barresi

Went out this morning knowing that a storm was lingering a few miles offshore...I was going to fish the inlet for stripers, but it was too rough...15-20 knt winds with gusts up to 30 and the water temp is still holding at 76*, need it to drop about 8* more. So I tried to fish inside the bay, caught a few seabass and a couple of flukes. None were keepers. This one fluke was 19 in..NY regs have to be 19 1/2 to keep..that fluke don't know how lucky he was, If I would of caught him just as the rain started to pour down..he would of made it to my frying pan..lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

barresi

That cold front you guys been talking about in chat...Well it hit and it hit hard today, here in NY. The wind was blowing 25-30 knots...Should of stayed home! A 6oz bank sinker wouldn't even hold bottom! Anyways, I did manage to catch a few Weakfish and Seabass, but none were keepers. 16in is the size for NY (weakfish). My closest was 15in.

barresi

The day started off pretty good...A slight breeze..barely noticed it. Caught a bunch of bait ( peanut bunker) without even searching for them..then around 9am someone open all the windows! Wind picked up and it went all down hill from there. 15-20 knt winds with gust up to 30...chop, swells and whitecaps...it wasnt fun. Did manage just about everything and anything but no keepers...this little guy wanted in on the action too!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Last edited: