• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

fly fishing

fishman85

was looking it up today and wow it looks fun but i noticed its very expensive is there a website where i can find affordable equipment i see myself doing this when i gain some more
experience

solitario lupo

TROUT SEEKER
Once again there are some good priced combos out. I bought 1 at cabelas and it came with the backing, line, and leader. Just keep your eyes open for a good deal they are always around. Fly fishing can be a little harder to grasp for some.

bass or bass?

I moderate the fly fishing forum. Fly casting is very rewarding and is a favorite way to fish for me. Do yourself a huge favor and order 2 fly casting instructional videos from Bass Pro Shops online catalog. The first is "Basic Fly Casting with Doug Swisher" from Scientific Anglers. The second is "Fly Fishing for Bass and Panfish with Skip and Carol Morris" from Fly Fish TV. Then pick up a low cost combo at Cabels's, Bass Pro Shops, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc. Follow the instructions in the videos. Practice, practice, practice. These videos will GREATLY reduce the learning curve. Happy Fly Fishing! :D

AZAllen

Orvis E-mailed me some videos for signing up to their website. I haven't looked at all of them but the first one or two were nice. Can't afford most of their stuff either but it is sure pretty.