• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Finally! Fly fishing!

J

JoeW

A month late, but fly fishing for the little stream trout is here in WNY. After a long cold, wet spring, the water and weather is finally good for some flies! I always check my local "home" creek first- about 3 minutes from my door! Every other year or so, the DEC has left over trout and stocks a bunch in there! Hee Haw- this is one of those years! Beautiful little stream, now loaded with browns. they're small- but terrific on a 5-weight fly rod and very willing! Took a bunch (they're small enough that a "bunch" is often referred to as a "pocketful"), but all were released and I did manage a two-year old holdover and lost another. Best flies were a White Boo and a black Woolie. there's not a lot of insect life on the creek so the trout feed mostly on minnows, bugs, and crayfish. At last- some good news to report from WNY! They're not Steelies, but they're fun, and an whole different way of fishing- very calming and relaxing! Hope all you'ns are having fun! Best---- JoeW

bdpeters

Glad to hear ya got out. I love those small stream browns. I call those little guys ploppers because thats the sound they make when you throw them back.