• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

News FCC5 Tournament

bass or bass?

This weekend, May 1, 2, & 3, is our 5th annual Flat Cat Classic (FCC5) catfish tournament, the largest catfish tournament in the southwest. Can't wait! I already have most of my stuff loaded and the boat is already hitched to the truck. All I need to do is load the coolers with food, drinks, and bait, and load my rods and tacklebox. :D

bass or bass?

Had a great time at this year's event, saw lots of friends and made some new ones as well. I had the heaviest channel catfish on Saturday morning weigh in but one heavier came in on Sunday morning weigh in so no winners for me again this year. Heaviest fish was a 44 pound flathead catfish weighed in Sunday morning, 2nd place flathead was 42 pounds and third place flathead was 40 pounds.
I hope to do better in the fall tournament in October. I discovered a spot that I feel has great potential and I'm going to survey and plot it carefully between now and then. It's kind of off the beaten "path" on Bartlett Lake and I really like the looks of it.