• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Question? Favorite Flavor for Doughball

PaJNS

Executive Administrator/Owner
What if any flavoring do you use in your Doughball? My go to Flavoring is Peanut Butter. I have had Luck using Gravy Master and Wheat Germ also. But it seems Peanut Butter catches more Carp and Cats then the other flavors I have tried and I have tried them all..:) What are some of Yours?

cwd

I make two flavors.
Garlic
Vannilla.
both of these seem to work well around here for cats. carp and most importantly the gills.
When I use the bait for gills.I use an old insulin suyringe I cut the needle off of.
I pull out the plunger and stuff the suyringe full of the bait, compress the bait. Then I will
push the bait completly out. It looks like a worm. I cut this bait worn into peices no bigger than
1/4 inch long then I have a dough bait that looks like the crappie nibbles.
I will also do this with older power bait. the gills like power bait too.

Mustache

I don't do too much carp fishing but when we do get the urge I have the best luck with cheeze whiz or something similar must be the oil in it that attracts the carp I know I wouldn't go for it

cwd

Another flavor, I havent made this one. it is my cusins. He makes a shrimp dough bait
that drives the cats in the Parker Az. area wild. I have never seen him come home with out any cats.
I'll have to ask him how it works on carp.

J

JoeW

Boy- you guys are making me hungry with your cheese whiz, and garlic, and all that! Good thing I'm not a catfish or i wouldn't last long! I tell ya, when you guys go catfishing, your tackle box must look like a pantry!

The few times I have used homemade dough bait, I just could never get it to stay on the hook. Must be some secret! I always enjoy reading about those big cats! Best---- JoeW

afeef745

New to fishing.
What if any flavoring do you use in your Doughball? My go to Flavoring is Peanut Butter. I have had Luck using Gravy Master and Wheat Germ also. But it seems Peanut Butter catches more Carp and Cats then the other flavors I have tried and I have tried them all..:) What are some of Yours?
I havent been catching any channel catfish, so I am thinking of giving carp a try as I already know a place where they are there. I am wondering how do you make the doughballs for carp? Would you mind sharing the recipe here?

bass or bass?

Hey afeef, you can purchase packaged dough bait ( comes in a container like catfish dip bait) at Wal-Mart. It is very vanilla flavored and works quite well. My two cents

Micro Jig

On them hot muggy summer nights I have worked a little whiskey into my dough bait when all else seems to fail... lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Micro Jig

Ahh just that little dew that collects on the old beard doesnt take much....lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4