• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Catawba River(Riverwalk, Rock Hill, SC)

fanofthereds

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399084678.149202.jpg
4lb 10oz Channel Catfish

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399084706.109341.jpg
1lb 14oz Channel Catfish

Stopped at the river for the first time since the move. Put on the Secret 7 Catfish bait from Team Catfish and what a time I had.

I have watched the videos on Team Catfish's YouTube channel, and figured they probably doctored the vids a bit. Getting hammered within minutes every time they cast? Sure, like that happens.

Well, let me tell you. It does! I put the bait on the bait holder and tossed it about 3' from the bank, right in front of a felled tree. And I hooked my first fish within 2 minutes. Unfortunately, I snapped my line as I was lifting him outta the water.

I walked back to my truck, retied with heavier line and went back. This time I hooked my second fish inside a minute. 1lb 14oz Channel Cat(perfect eating size).

Fished that spot another 15 min and no bites, so I walked about 1/2 mile down the trail and found another felled tree. Baited up and hooked my third, the 4lb 10oz Channel Cat inside of 3 minutes of wetting the line.

Anyone who fishes rivers for catfish, I can't recommend the Team Catfish products enough!

Last edited:

Fish2DMax

Jerry A
Grade A tender! Didya release 'em in smaller pieces, in hot oil, covered in cornmeal. Mmmm I can smell it now! Hush puppies... cole slaw... oh you're making me hungry.

fanofthereds

BorB, I have found so far that this stuff works TONS better in current than in a lake or pond. The current pulling the smell down stream really makes this stuff pop! Just my two cents.

fanofthereds

Another Riverwalk stop on a Friday after work and:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399695502.450601.jpg
4lb 2oz

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399695527.500216.jpg
3lb 10oz

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399695548.649655.jpg
1lb 3oz

And missed 2 more! Secret 7 is awesome on rivers!!!