• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Bomber Cranks

LgMouthGambler

Fish ON!
Found some Bomber warts on sale atDicks yesterday, and gonna try them out today. Figured why not, the price was good. Since the spawn has started the fish are real finicky. Don't throw many crankbaits, but it seems like its the time to wiggle one around a bit.

L

Larry

I didn't know Bomber made a "wart"...Storm makes a wiggle wart...actually a whole series of warts. Could you post a pic of it? Or a link to a photo? You're right, its a good time to throw some cranks down there in your neck of the woods.

LgMouthGambler

Fish ON!
I didn't know Bomber made a "wart"...Storm makes a wiggle wart...actually a whole series of warts. Could you post a pic of it? Or a link to a photo? You're right, its a good time to throw some cranks down there in your neck of the woods.
I dont know if they are called WARTS, but thats what I call them fat little crankers that dont go deep.

L

Larry

Nice catches LMG!^! I was looking at your lure in the pics...looks like a Bomber Squarebill...one of my favorites. An awesome lure priced low enough to not ruin your day if you lose it.

L

Larry

I loose a lot less of them by doing the front treble mod in the Crankbait Modification thread here...give it a try.<><

LgMouthGambler

Fish ON!
Well if it helps to keep them out of the tree, sure, lol. The wind kicked as it was in mid flight causing my line to sit over a small twig of a tree. That's the end of that story.

L

Larry

Well if it helps to keep them out of the tree, sure, lol. The wind kicked as it was in mid flight causing my line to sit over a small twig of a tree. That's the end of that story.
Actually...the front treble mod will help the crank pull though tree limbs...ones in the water...but something tells me yours was above the water.:(

LgMouthGambler

Fish ON!
Went out again this afternoon to make a few casts on the other side of the canal system I fished the previous day. Caught 3 more, but nothing bigger than 2.5lbs. Still wasnt too bad, but am very impressed with the cranks.