• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Best Surf Casting Rods For Value & Performance!

Longitude & Solaris Surf Casting Rods By Okuma!

I've been using these surf casting rods this month on my own time with different reels from Solterras to Tesoros. I even practiced casting at a soccer field with defunct Newells. My impression for these inexpensive rods are they perform just as well as any quality upper-end pricey surf-casting rod out there. So i'm going to start including them into my regular main gear that i'm still juggling around. In other words they cast & feel great when casting 4-8oz lead pyramids & banks. I lifted a small 2-1/2gal bucket with 2gal of saltwater in it at a pier while fishing just to see how the rod & tip handles the load, no difference from a Tiralejo, Nitro, Insane Surf, Battalion, Prevail, Black Hole, or any other rod i ever had or used. I still need to bring in a sizable strike like a GT, shark or ray to validify my gut instinct & feeling. For now i'm basing my assessment on casting lead weights to dead lifting water filled buckets. I'll post updates when they become available.

So what i'm practicing with are-
Okuma Longitude Surf Rod (LC-C-1202H)
United Composite CX Graphite Blank
7 Guides + 1 tip
Aluminum Oxide Inserts
SS Hooded Seats
Pac Bay Rubber Butt Cap
Weight 28.8oz
12ft
2pc
20-40lbs Recommended Line
3-8oz Lure Weight