• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Bartlett Lake 9-27/28-14

bass or bass?

Everry trip out seems to be an adventure anymore! Rain was expected so I kept that in mind Friday. About 5:00 PM clouds started building up southof the lake so I took the boat back down to the marina area for some shelter if the rains came. Fished in a small cove behind the marina and caught 5 channel cats up to @ !:00 AM when the first rain shower hit. We started around the marina toward the store when I shined my spot light into the covered slips and sopted an empty one. I turned the boat around and we sheltered in that covered slip. Within 30 minutes the rain came down in sheets for @ 45 minuted. Did that again twice more before dawn. Would have been horrible outside that covered slip. Felt badly for those we could see out on the lake. Loaded up the boat at 7:00 AM and headed home during a nice clear period of weather. Got home, unloaded the gear and covered the boat before we got hit with gale force winds and rain. From now on I'll always scout out the marina for an emergency slip before heading out on the lake. That really saved our bacon Friday night. Rode out the storm dry, warm, and safe!

dugger

Bronze Member
Glad Ya got home safe! Bad weather out on a lake can turn a nice time into a very scary and dangerous thing ! As where I fish high country lakes they can go from a calm lake to oh Lord let me get to the dock lake ! And bad weather at night yuk! At least Ya caught some catfish!