• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Report Bartlett Lake 6-27/28-14

bass or bass?

Heading out first thing in the morning. Fishing for bass first, then later for a livewell of sunfish for bait. Then scouting a location to anchor for the night for flathead and channel cat fishing. Saturday morning hitting the bass again. Then home in the afternoon. Report to be filed on Sunday.

bass or bass?

This trip easily qualified as one of the 3 worst fishing experiences of my life! On arrival at the lake one of my rachet tie downs for the boat was jammed. I tried to free it for @ 20 minutes, then cut the strap. Figured I'd use a cheap cam action tie down for the trip home. Within minutes on the water I broke both the rod and reel of my ultra light sunfish rig. Friday evening motoring up river 2 other guys and myself hit bottom when the water depth went from 9 feet to 1 foot instantly. Really chewed up my brand new propeller that had only one other trip on it. Friday night one of my flathead cat reels lost the drag control. Can't fix it. Then Saturday @ 11;00 I loaded up the boat for the trip home. Met a friend just before leaving and as I was turning to pull out of the parking lot my right trailer wheel hub and bearings failed and the wheel/brake drum came off and started rolling down hill. Mike caught it before it could hit anybody's vehicle. Now the trailer was sitting on the brake backing plate in the parking lot. Called BoatU.S. to get a tow truck. Took @ 3 hours all together before the rig showed up. A Kenworth heavy haul rig , 3 axle trailer. Took @ an hour to get the trailer/boat loaded. Then 50 mile haul to my house. Then the driver did a fantastic job of getting the crippled trailer/boat off the flatbed and into my driveway. I have BoatU.S. Trailer Assist towing upgrade on my membership which covers any tow for the trailer up to 100 miles for free. Only costs me $80 per year. Now get this, the heavy haul tow for 50 miles would have cost $1700!!!! I didn't pay a cent, BoatU.S. picked up the entire tab. How awesome is that?!
June 27th is a horribly cursed date for me. I should have known better than to try to go fishing then. Lesson learned.

fanofthereds

Man, so sorry to hear that; BorB. Just goes to show the little issue I had was jus that, a little issue.

You'll get 'em next time big fella.

bass or bass?

Got the old bunks and side boards off as well as the hand winch. Mounted my electric winch today and moved the bow support into the correct location for my boat. Bought pressure treated 2X6's for the new bunks and 1/2" plywood for the side boards. Bought all new stainless steel hardware to mount the new wood. Next job will be drilling the wood for the new carriage bolts and buying & installing the new bunk carpet. I'll get that done this week. Sunday a buddy is coming over to pull all 4 wheels and inspect & pack the bearings and inspect/test the brakes.