• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

Australian Ocean Fizzer

toadfrog

Gold Member
This thing goes to a friend of mine down under . Guess maybe its the biggest lure I ever made to fish with . It measures 14'' from the line tie to the tail tie . Once the fly is attached it goes close to twenty .It has 6 blades total . The main through wire is .090 . Hand blown glass eyes . Hand made clevises . Solid cedar wood . and a 12/0 tied fly hook with eyes . Pull test on a .090 wire attached to a 12/0 hook exceeds 250 lbs . The heck of it is , It is going to cost 60 bucks to ship the freaking thing . The pic sucks but my good cam died and I haven't had time to work with the new one . Have a look as best you can and tell me what you think . Never built an Ocean lure like this before . weighs 2 lbs .

Attachments

barresi

Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer
Wow Toad...that is a bigg'n! Looks solid, built like a tank ( no pun intended Tank) :D That thing can probably with stand the hit of a Mako. I read that Mako fishing is becoming very popular using artificials, even fly fishing! Curious to see what a White Shark would do to that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

L

Larry

Holy Moly...If I had that lure...I could just post a pic of me holding it up...my biggest catch...:D:plol

toadfrog

Gold Member
That thing ought to be hitting the guys mail box Monday . I sure am curious as to what he will say . Soon as he catches something I'll post a pic .