• Welcome to Outdoor-Fishing, the ultimate fishing community forum.

Here you can join other anglers by participating in public discussions, uploading your photos, buying and selling in the classifieds, participating in Free Contests and Free Giveaways, A Young Anglers forum for Anglers under the Age of 16 and much, much more! 

Register today for FREE and join the online angler community! If you're not registered, you will not be able to see the rest of our exclusive content! It's easy and it only takes a minute!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the Outdoor-Fishing Staff.

News A sad day for a fisherman

fatworm

I ran across a picture while browsing the internet. I don't know the story but the photo should be self-explanatory. Please be careful and keep a safe distance when casting.

RAK

Freshwater Angler
Ouch! Even with the best surgery, his eye would probably never see again.

Razor

-PROFESSIONAL-
Never pull too hard! but of course that's something that would keep the fishermen cautious

I am sad to say i have had one of these days.. The hook was a size 4/0 barbless the hook went in one end out the other.I was river fishing salmon on vancouver island, it was a bad scene but what they can do with eyes now is amazing but I still never ever go fishing without yellow tint safety glasses and sunglasses now. The pain from this i can not put in words...I have been into sports from day one! breaking limbs has happened three times and i rather all three at once over this! Be safe folks at least get them for the kids.

I am glad to say after one year i have made almost a %100 recovery "lucky" is an under statement for sure..Next time you go to the fishing store look at a size 4/0 then get glasses :)

Razor

-PROFESSIONAL-
I am sad to say i have had one of these days.. The hook was a size 4/0 barbless the hook went in one end out the other.I was river fishing salmon on vancouver island, it was a bad scene but what they can do with eyes now is amazing but I still never ever go fishing without yellow tint safety glasses and sunglasses now. The pain from this i can not put in words...I have been into sports from day one! breaking limbs has happened three times and i rather all three at once over this! Be safe folks at least get them for the kids.

I am glad to say after one year i have made almost a %100 recovery "lucky" is an under statement for sure..Next time you go to the fishing store look at a size 4/0 then get glasses :)

all I can say:(:eek: