Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums Freshwater Fishing Freshwater Fishing Reports Pennsylvania
Notices

Pennsylvania Freshwater Fishing Reports for the state of Pennsylvania.

Old 03-04-2012   #31
PaJNS
Executive Administrator/Owner

Thanked 1,518 Times in 815 Posts

Thanks for the report Creektroll3. Yuuupppp soon we will be hitting them evening biting Crappie. Give me a hollar when your ready to go.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and....HE WILL STEAL YOUR FAVORITE SPOT."

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Outdoor-Fishing THE Place To Talk Fishing and a Great Place To Be. Spread the Word!!
Spread the WORD!!

Find more about Weather in Butler, PA
Click for weather forecast
PaJNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #32
FISHERMAN154
Bronze Member

Went out today launched at 528 by the bridge couldnt believe how low the lake was. It was really windy but beautiful day none the less didnt catch any fish either did anyone i had talk to either. Didnt have much luck when i went to winterize my motor. I had took out my spark plugs and fogged the motor, low and behold i never tightend the plugs back up. While driving down the lake i loss all power and theres a big bang and a whole lot of smoke. I hadnt a clue as to what had happend, so i ripped off the motor cover to see my spark plug laying in the case of the motor still attatched to the wire. It melted a whole in the plastic and started a fire wasnt hard to put out.There was melted alumiinum splatter all over the threads of the plugs and through out the case, I looked in the threads of the motor and there was no more and i thought well i just blew the motor i thought it was from the piston got it home took off the head. Luckly i fried the head gasket and lost my compression no damage to the cylinders,piston or rings and thats about how my day went and i was at the opposite end of the lake by bear run campround. I trolled to the bear run launch and caught a ride and picked my truck up to pull out of bear run launch. Just incase anyone ever has this problem happen to them dont panic like i did until you get it home. Priced out a new head gasket its 10 bucks plus shipping and hopefully find a used plate for the head or retap it
FISHERMAN154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #33
cwd

If it is just the threads, that are gone.
you may try using healacoils.
When I use to run dirt bikes I strip the threads in the heads in a couple of my bikes
I would put in healacoils and never had any problems after that.
You should be able to pick up a set at a local auto parts store for less then $20.00
this should be cheeper than a new head for your boat.

There is no loosing in fishing.
Either you catch fish, or you learn.
Either way it is better than working!!
cwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cwd For This Useful Post:
FISHERMAN154 (03-08-2012)
Old 03-18-2012   #34
creektroll3

A buddy and I tried Arthur yesterday evening from 5pm to 1am. We fished upper muddy cr. we got 40 + crappie but they where mostly small ones. Did get a few keepers Biggest was 14". Picked up alot of gills before dark but only a handful worth keeping. I also landed a 6 1/2lb. channelcat on a crappie minnow and 4lb. test and my noodle rod. It put up quite a tussel on that outfit for sure. My buddy landed a 22" largemouth that was 6lbs even, he also lost a beast of a fish on a 9" creekchub. Not sure what it was, he was using 30lb. fireline and the swivel broke !!!! First time I ever saw that happen to a swivel.....
creektroll3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to creektroll3 For This Useful Post:
FISHERMAN154 (03-19-2012)
Old 03-18-2012   #35
bass or bass?

Sounds like a big flathead to me. On my flathead rig I use salt water swivels rated for 160 pounds with 80 pound test Spectra braid line.
Old 03-24-2012   #36
trouthater

I hope this weather keeps up, I need to get out to Arthur soon!
Old 04-04-2012   #37
PaJNS

Have plans to Fish Arthur tommorrow. Try out the Motor I bought and see if them Fish remember me. Probably hang around the 528 Bridge area and run up and down Shannon and Muddy Creek and see if I can pickup a Few Crappie for Dinner. If you see a Old Boat with a Old Motor with a Old Guy in it...You found me...LOL

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and....HE WILL STEAL YOUR FAVORITE SPOT."

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Outdoor-Fishing THE Place To Talk Fishing and a Great Place To Be. Spread the Word!!
Spread the WORD!!

Old 04-05-2012   #38
PaJNS

Just got in from Boating. Notice I didn't say Fishing cause Fish took the day off...LOL Motor ran Great. Launched at McDaniels and rode all the way down to Muddy Creek. I was the only Boat on the water. Few Guys on shore at the 528 Bridge. Wind was brutal and made the air chilly. Threw Lures...used Minnows and Shiners and even trolled. Only couple small Perch caught. Water temp was 51 degrees.

Spread the WORD!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaJNS For This Useful Post:
bass or bass? (04-05-2012), FISHERMAN154 (04-06-2012), Mustache (04-07-2012)
Old 04-27-2012   #39
FISHERMAN154
Bronze Member

Went out today near the beach and caught this one only one all day it was real windy and water temp around 54 degrees it was all worth it when i boated it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-04-27_08-21-10_546.jpg (83.3 KB, 17 views)
FISHERMAN154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #40
PaJNS

Congrats on the Nice Bass!!! Weather forecast looks like it might start warming up again. With water Temps at 54 thats a good temp for chasing them Slab Crappie at Arthur. I have more Luck catching them at Dusk then anytime fishing that Lake.

Spread the WORD!!

The Following User Says Thank You to PaJNS For This Useful Post:
FISHERMAN154 (04-30-2012)