Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums Freshwater Fishing Freshwater Fishing Reports Pennsylvania
Notices

Pennsylvania Freshwater Fishing Reports for the state of Pennsylvania.

Old 01-12-2012   #21
PaJNS
Executive Administrator/Owner

Thanked 1,589 Times in 853 Posts
Default Update

These 2 photos were taken by Member Toocheaptosmoke. MAN this rain and warmer temps really tore the Ice up. Thanks for the update Toocheap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0112021450x.jpg (43.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 0112021500x.jpg (108.0 KB, 20 views)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and....HE WILL STEAL YOUR FAVORITE SPOT."

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Outdoor-Fishing THE Place To Talk Fishing and a Great Place To Be. Spread the Word!!
Spread the WORD!!

Find more about Weather in Butler, PA
Click for weather forecast
PaJNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012   #22
PaJNS

Heard thru the grapevine that Lake Arthur is open water. Oh well...another setback to Icefishing there but I still have Hope.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and....HE WILL STEAL YOUR FAVORITE SPOT."

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Outdoor-Fishing THE Place To Talk Fishing and a Great Place To Be. Spread the Word!!
Spread the WORD!!

Old 01-14-2012   #23
PaJNS

Angry Todays report 1/14/12

Picture from this morning from Upper 528 Launch... Glad I bought a Gas Auger for this year. Might still be a new auger for next year. Temps going to rise again and they are calling for rain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0017.jpg (156.8 KB, 24 views)

Spread the WORD!!

Old 01-22-2012   #24
FISHERMAN154
Bronze Member

Went out today down muddy creek three inches of ice didn't stay to long nerves got to me talked to a few people they said a few bass where caught
FISHERMAN154 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FISHERMAN154 For This Useful Post:
DAVE3 (01-24-2012), PaJNS (01-23-2012)
Old 01-26-2012   #25
PaJNS

Report from Yesterday that the Poster gave me permission to post:
Okay here's the scoop. Currently I'm at the back parking lot at 528. The ice is not as bad as I thought. I would say 95% of the shorelines are still locked up right now back in the cove. The main lake between the 528 ramp and the church is pretty open. I think we lost more of the quality of the ice now then the quantity. I walked out Maybe 10 feet, with a buddy it may still be fishable. We're at the mercy of the weather yet again. If it gets cold we will have a solid base but if it heats up more and we get more rain, (like I think they're calling for) then were probably done for.

Spread the WORD!!

Old 01-26-2012   #26
PaJNS

With the temps being above Freezing and the rain we have had I doubt very much if we will get Ice that is safe to fish on. I am really close to putting all my Ice Fishing stuff back into the Shed. Mother Nature looks like you won this Battle...LOL

Spread the WORD!!

Old 01-31-2012   #27
FISHERMAN154
Bronze Member

well im sure todays weather high has with out a doubt killed the ice this winter
Old 01-31-2012   #28
PaJNS

Tipups, Jigging Rods and Auger have all been put back into the Shed. Looks like if the weather stays like this the Boat will be coming out and ready for Fishing.

Spread the WORD!!

Old 02-12-2012   #29
FISHERMAN154
Bronze Member

I wonder with the 10 day outlook if we will end up getting some ice with the lows all below freezing but the highs are in the 40s some day hopefully we will I drove down old 422 launch yesterday after the fishing expo at butler high school and it was almost all locked up except for a small part in the middle didn't look thick and then drove down 528 launchs and wasn't much ice im gonna keep my fingers crossed I wanna get some use outta my fishfinder be safe out there if you do head out its late in the season bt still begining of feb
The Following User Says Thank You to FISHERMAN154 For This Useful Post:
PaJNS (02-12-2012)
Old 03-04-2012   #30
creektroll3

Tried my luck behind the dam yesterday for a few hour's had 1 hit and lost the toothycritter to a snag. Another week or so the crappie bite should start for shore fishing.
creektroll3 is offline   Reply With Quote