Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums » Freshwater Fishing » General Freshwater Fishing Talk » Daily Fishing News
Notices

Daily Fishing News Got a good News article? Share and discuss them here! (Your article may be featured on our home page)

Old 10-22-2014   #1
Fish2DMax
Jerry A

Post FLW Announces 2015 FLW Tour Enhancements, Entry Dates

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/fishing-a.../#.VEfnPfnF_To

What sticks out to me beyond capping the field at 150 anglers is the elimination of the "Amateur" component from their premier Walmart FLW Tour level.

...Another change that many pros have long desired has also been implemented. In 2015, co-anglers will only compete on the first two days of each FLW Tour qualifier and the Forrest Wood Cup. Then, starting in 2016, the Forrest Wood Cup will be a pro-only event.

By this I read that they consider the co-angler position an "Amateur" component that doesn't belong with the top tier Pro's. Well I hope this will dissuade some from paying the $800 entry as a co-angler. What that'll do is leave the FLW Tour officials scrambling to fill the back end of the "Pro" boats.