Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums » Freshwater Fishing » General Freshwater Fishing Talk » Daily Fishing News
Notices

Daily Fishing News Got a good News article? Share and discuss them here! (Your article may be featured on our home page)

Old 09-23-2014   #1
Fish2DMax
Jerry A

Post Brown administration's angling to ban lead fishing weights

Here we go again and of course it has to be in California. Please understand that I'm not trying to stir the pot because I'm still sitting on the fence on this topic. From my perspective I am for alternatives to lead sinkers and jigs, however, I am not prepared to pony up the additional cost at this time. This, primarily, due to the abundance and low cost of the lead fishing weights. What I fear is that this could become the "until you pry it out of my cold dead hands" stand for traditional angling and that in itself would be counterproductive for all concerned. I'll let you read it yourself but be prepared to translate California Politics as you wade through this confusing piece of journalism.

Brown administration's angling to ban lead fishing weights
By George Skelton, Los Angeles Times
September 21, 2014, 6:02 PM | Reporting from Sacramento
http://www.latimes.com/local/politic...22-column.html

BTW - I am one of the "countless anglers" that "melt down lead and make their own weights" and I understand the risks associated with doing so and accept the consequences of my actions!
bass or bass? (09-23-2014)
Old 09-30-2014   #2
AZAllen

What did people expect when they reelected "Moonbeams".
AZAllen is offline   Reply With Quote