Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums Fishing Equipment Do It Yourself (DIY) Lure Making (DIY)
Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014   #1
toadfrog
Gold Member

Default Soft Plastic Makers

Just a little FYI . If anybody makes soft plastic lures . There is a new player in the mold making bizz . Lake side Baits in Texas. Found him to be a great guy . Has become a good friend . Just got a new mold 2.0 crappie bait . Killing Pan fish with it . Rig it on a football head and a beetle spin . Can laminate it and other tricks . Here is a trick for you . Get your favorite scent and some fine silver glitter from any hobby store . Mix the glitter in the sent . Dip your bait . Sling it out . When it hits the water it leave sparkles around the bait like a minnow that has been tail slapped for a kill . Fish do that sometimes then they turn and suck up the minnow . Here is a pic of bait and mold .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pan Fish Candy.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	4553  
barresi (04-10-2014), bass or bass? (04-10-2014), PaJNS (04-10-2014), solitario lupo (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014   #2
bass or bass?

Cool

I use that silver glitter trick myself.
Hey, everyone who saw your Snakehead Lizards lasr weekend thought they were awesome!
Old 04-11-2014   #3
toadfrog
Gold Member

Those snake heads are the only molds I've kept other than crappie baits . Got a 3 inch snake tube mold now . Been waiting , hoping he came out with new snakes but not yet . Has a 12 or 14 inch one but nobody has hollered yet . What has the best color been so far .
Old 04-11-2014   #4
barresi
Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer

Hey Toad...How ya been? Great to see you back...You know my story, not much of a freshwater fishermen, but the snakes I did get from you were absolutely great! They out fished all the other plastics in my tackle bag to include the ever popular Yamamoto Senkos...Take care friend!

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing
barresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #5
bass or bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfrog View Post
Those snake heads are the only molds I've kept other than crappie baits . Got a 3 inch snake tube mold now . Been waiting , hoping he came out with new snakes but not yet . Has a 12 or 14 inch one but nobody has hollered yet . What has the best color been so far .

Top colors here in the desert are watermelon, watermelon/red flake, green pumpkin, motor oil.

The Morning Dawn color Robo Worms are especially effective here. Can you do that color?