Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums Fishing Equipment Fishing Gear
Notices

Fishing Gear Discuss, share and ask about tackle, rods and reels, gadgets, tools and other fishing related gear.

Old 01-27-2016   #1
fanofthereds
 photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg

Default LiveTarget Hollow Bodied Sunfish

I recently purchased the LiveTarget Hollow Bodied Sunfish. It was the ICAST2015 New Product Showcase winner for soft plastics.

Name:  LTHBS.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  115.5 KB

I did as much research as I could before purchasing, but still not sure if I bought the next great lure, or if LiveTarget caught me. It is pretty. Certainly is shaped like a sunfish, which we all know Bass love to feed on. But I'm curious what you all think.

When watching the product video where they actually were catching fish, it seemed like even thought it comes standard with Trokar hooks, the hookup ratio seemed to be about 50%. I know this thing falls into the same category as a hollow bodied frog and their hookup ratio is historically terrible as well. I thought maybe LiveTarget's version may be a harder body, causing the missed demonstrated in the video, but before purchasing the good folks at Bass Pro Shops allowed me to take it out of the package and it is the softest hollow body I've ever seen.

So, what do you all think? Did fanofthereds find a gem to hook a big one, or was fanofthereds the one getting hooked on this deal?

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
Click for weather forecast
fanofthereds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fanofthereds For This Useful Post:
PaJNS (01-28-2016)
Old 01-27-2016   #2
bass or bass?

It sure is a great looking lure. I'm wondering about it being a fun alternative to live bait for flathead catfish?!?!?

Hey fan, make another post. Your post count is evil!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bass or bass? For This Useful Post:
PaJNS (01-28-2016)