Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums » Fishing Equipment » Fishing Gear
Notices

Fishing Gear Discuss, share and ask about tackle, rods and reels, gadgets, tools and other fishing related gear.

Old 07-10-2013   #11
bass or bass?

Hmmm. I may just have to give this thing a try. Thanks for the info Mo!
Old 07-10-2013   #12
AZAllen

There are versions of the A-rig for just about everywhere, like bass or bass said, the standard would be illegal in Arizona and a number of other states also.
Reading the text, I think I would have to see the thing to judge it.
Combinations of plugs and jigs is not a new idea, I remember reading about the use of a wobbling lure at the end with jigs in front, the wobbler made the jigs dart a bit-this was a white bass setup.
AZAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014   #13
fanofthereds
 photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg

So a co-worker bought me a Yum Flash Mob Jr. for Christmas. I have never used any of these umbrella or Alabama rigs before. Anyone with any experience or success using these?

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
Click for weather forecast
fanofthereds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014   #14
Fish2DMax
Jerry A

fanofthereds I have tried them but never anything as elaborate as the Yum Flash Mob Jr. product and I can also say that I have never caught anything on them. I've tried the double and triple versions with everything from a plastic swim bait to a mini-Chug Bug - BTW I thought it interesting that the two Chug Bugs will dance in opposite directions when rigged on the Yumbrella Double Up Rig. We have a couple of those and a couple of the Yumbrella 3 Wire Rigs that we've been experimenting with.

That said I have been in the boat when a partner uses one and catches very nice 3-4 pound fish on it. So like any lure or lure combo I guess each angler has to try it and see if they can leverage it's strengths. I was unable but it was fun to net the fish for the other gent!
Old 12-29-2014   #15
fanofthereds

I plan on getting out this week sometime to give it a whirl. I've watched several vids online and have been amazed at the claims that most of them make.

However last night I
Found one vid(sorry, no link) that I believe was the only truly honest one. It essentially said that this type of rig isn't a magic lure, it isn't even an unfair advantage, but just another tool in the toolbox. Yes, you can hook into multiple fish at one time, but you can also get skunked.

To be honest, I look forward to trying it out. But I don't have any unrealistic hopes for it.

Keep you all posted.

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanofthereds For This Useful Post:
Fish2DMax (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014   #16
fanofthereds

http://youtu.be/gFV1g58bKIc

Old 12-30-2014   #17
fanofthereds

Today wasn't a good day for bank fishing. Been pretty chilly and rainy for several days and the fish are deep. But I gave my new Yumbrella Rig a few casts just to get a feel.

More to come

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419970478.354133.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  95.6 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to fanofthereds For This Useful Post:
Fish2DMax (12-30-2014)