Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums » Fishing Equipment » Fishing Gear
Notices

Fishing Gear Discuss, share and ask about tackle, rods and reels, gadgets, tools and other fishing related gear.

Old 09-02-2014   #1
Fish2DMax
Jerry A

Smile Bagley Monster Shad

Have you seen this?

With the tag line "TO GO BIG, THROW BIG" the new Bagley Monster Shad is a hand tuned 100% natural Balsa wood lure that is 5 inches in length, weighs in at 1.25 oz and is designed to troll (a steady 3-4 miles per hour) at 10-12' feet deep. Now I always have trouble relating a troll depth to a typical casting depth but nonetheless I am enamored by big baits - so much so that I purchased a few Muskie lures to throw at my local Bass quarry.

I'm going to be asking some of our local Striper guides if they have seen it and if they would be willing to try it. I may have shared last Spring that some of our local Striper guides were using really large live bait in an attempt to gain the attention of a very large Striper. These were gizzard shad in the 10-14 inch range. To my knowledge their prediction of a new Striped Bass record on Lake Lanier this year has as yet gone unfulfilled. It would be cool if they caught one on something like the new Bagley Monster Shad!
Old 10-17-2014   #2
AZAllen

My cousin Mark lives near Lake Lanier, he is a sail-maker. His mother said the drought about put him under (no water, no need for sails).
AZAllen is offline   Reply With Quote