Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums » The Communicator » June 2014 PA Member Meet
Notices

June 2014 PA Member Meet Here is where all info, questions and answer can be posted about the 2014 Meet

Old 06-10-2014   #11
SWPABASS

What a great time @ my first meet.

I can’t thank the sponsors, our host (Espyville Outdoors-Chris) and John (PaJNS) enough for setting up such an organized event.

The goodie bags stuffed full of tackle were above and beyond what I expected. I grabbed a few extra sponsors’ stickers and will definitely add them to my coolers and boat.

I arrived Friday morning to handshakes, smiles and hello’s then was handed a Sausage, Egg and Home fries breakfast that was unbelievably good!

After breakfast and an hour or two of chit chatting, I took John (PaJNS) out with me fishing and all but fell out of the boat laughing and having a great time. He even caught one of my goofs (Casting and catching nothing but my own trolling motor) on his Go Pro which made for some good laughs back at the meet. Fishing was tough considering we got a late start and it was a bright sunny day with clear blue skies but we did manage a nice Bass (Caught on a sponsors Death Shimmer Spinner bait), quite a few Bluegills and a Walleye in just an hour or two.

Friday Evening’s Dinner was awesome. We had Steak, Chicken and Fresh Atlantic Ocean Striper that Vito (Baressi) brought. Shish Kabobs along with Pasta salad, Veggie salad, a few cocktails along with other misc. snacks – What could be better!!

I arrived back Saturday after a bass tournament I was in was over to more smiles and reminders of my escapades with catching my trolling motor the day before. Chris was back on the grill and fryers cooking up another delicious dinner of BBQ Chicken, Fresh Pymatuning fish using some of the different batters and sauces donated by the sponsors, Vito (baressi) had brought in authentic Italian meatballs and sauce that he made and wow was it good. I did get to meet quite a few more members Saturday and everyone was all smiles, kids were playing and fishing stories were being told.

A special thanks to Dave for cleaning fish all weekend and "guiding" me through the store on my shopping spree

This was an unbelievable event that I will be sure not to miss next year.
SWPABASS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SWPABASS For This Useful Post:
barresi (06-10-2014), bass or bass? (06-10-2014), Espyville Outdoors (06-14-2014), PaJNS (06-10-2014), XtopwaterkingX (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014   #12
PaJNS
Executive Administrator/Owner

Thanked 1,623 Times in 872 Posts

SWPABASS doing battle with a Pymie Walleye and a photo of what He was battling. SWPABASS said, "He even caught one of my goofs (Casting and catching nothing but my own trolling motor) on his Go Pro which made for some good laughs back at the meet."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOPR0169.jpg (1.49 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 10363975_644660638935359_3131778524070050491_n.jpg (46.0 KB, 8 views)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and....HE WILL STEAL YOUR FAVORITE SPOT."

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Outdoor-Fishing THE Place To Talk Fishing and a Great Place To Be. Spread the Word!!
Spread the WORD!!

Find more about Weather in Butler, PA
Click for weather forecast
PaJNS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaJNS For This Useful Post:
barresi (06-10-2014), XtopwaterkingX (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014   #13
fanofthereds
 photo 168509_840360_t_zps98b03bf1.jpg

I too have to weigh in here. Although I only made it up for one day, what a day it was!

Got treated to a days fishing with JR, and boy did he put me on some fish! He also proved the difference between a pro and myself. But I caught some, missed some and lost a few more. All while watching JR whack 'em on the swimbait.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402429812.218144.jpg

Here was my big one that I actually landed:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402429845.773707.jpg

A huge thanks goes out to "Team Espyville". A lot of folks forget that they're not just members, but our most active sponsors. And they sure didn't disappoint. From the place to camp, to the food. The stories to the advice. They showed us once again why they ROCK.

Thanks also goes out to all of the other sponsors. Great stuff from Dynamic Lures, Fork Lake, Blitz Lures, Swimg Oil Baits and so many more that I'll miss more than I'll remember to name. Check out this haul:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402430305.314340.jpg

Lastly, I have to say a very special thanks to Stache and Michael. A very special gift that moved every one of us moderators. It means a ton to me, and the others as well. These plaques were far from necessary, and although we all know how special the young man was that started this project, few voice just how special his parents are too. Without their guidance and humble foundations, he couldn't have been as special. So THANKS Stache and Michael!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402430639.997565.jpg

Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
fanofthereds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fanofthereds For This Useful Post:
barresi (06-10-2014), bass or bass? (06-10-2014), PaJNS (06-10-2014), XtopwaterkingX (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014   #14
XtopwaterkingX

Well I know me and my family had an awesome time! We met some really good people, ate some good food (thanks for manning the fryer and grill Chris!) Thank you to Espyville Outdoors as a whole! The hospitality was great, we felt very welcome. Chris had an awesome set up at the shop an always fun hanging out with Dave. Thank you to the sponsors, the gift bags were stuffed full! I already filled my boxes and put the sponsor stickers on my truck haha. Gotta start hammering fish with all the baits an get some pics up! My wife can't wait to cook up some fish with the Skeeter's batter we got. Thanks to Barresi for the awesome meatballs an the kids tackle boxes and net (Sydney's hat) they can't wait to fill them up! Can't wait for next year's meet, we will definitely be camping with y'all, hopefully get to hangout and fish and b.s. longer. Big thanks to John for everything! For all the things he does on here and behind the scenes. And thanks to all the mods who keep it all running smoothly. Nice seeing boss man Pa again and finally got to meet Barresi, fanofthereds, Mustache, SWPABASS, and JR. Good group of dudes for sure. Here are a few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1402245563271.jpg (57.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245567355.jpg (50.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245583203.jpg (41.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245586352.jpg (54.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245590468.jpg (46.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245790992.jpg (25.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245550366.jpg (41.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245598360.jpg (19.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 1402245791655.jpg (20.8 KB, 10 views)
XtopwaterkingX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XtopwaterkingX For This Useful Post:
barresi (06-10-2014), bass or bass? (06-10-2014), CastAwayKay (06-11-2014), Espyville Outdoors (06-14-2014), fanofthereds (06-10-2014), Mustache (06-11-2014), PaJNS (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014   #15
bass or bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaJNS View Post
Here is a Photo of a Pimped Out Peen reel I received from Moderator Barresi at the meet. Thank YOU can't wait to use this Reel.

Attachment 4618

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
Nice PaJNS! That's a slick looking reel.

From all the reports and photos, I can see that I missed a terrific event. Sure wish it wasn't so far away! Glad everyone had a fun, safe time!

Last edited by bass or bass?; 06-10-2014 at 10:16 PM.
bass or bass? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bass or bass? For This Useful Post:
fanofthereds (06-10-2014), PaJNS (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014   #16
CastAwayKay

So I came to the member's meet with Topwaterking and it was a lot of fun for the short time we were there. Thanks for putting that together it was pretty neat to hangout with other's like us (fishing fanatics). Good food, good people, good times! Thanks PaJNS for all of it really, including the kick ass goodie bag! Espyville chris, it was nice to meet you and your family! I enjoyed hanging out with your wife she's super nice and so is your dad. and thanks for putting up with my kiddos haha they get crazy! My daughter wanted to take your dog home with us! I wished I lived closer so i could go to the shop and talk to Dave more haha he's hilarious. Nice to meet the rest of ya too, Barresi, Fanofthereds(a FB friend of mine), SWPABass, JR, and Mustache! I was very happy I got to meet mustache and his wife. She shared her story about their son with me, even though I cried right there in front of her it was heartwarming and inspiring.
Thanks again for throwing the shindig, can't wait for next year! we should all kick in on a pontoon and fish together
CastAwayKay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CastAwayKay For This Useful Post:
barresi (06-11-2014), Espyville Outdoors (06-14-2014), Mustache (06-11-2014), PaJNS (06-11-2014)
Old 06-14-2014   #17
Espyville Outdoors

First, I need to apologize to the Outdoor-Fishing family. At the end of March, I took a full-time job in order to provide medical benefits for my family. That being said, I have not had the time to spend on OF that I was able to in the past. However, that did not stop us from having the second annual Member Meet!!!

I want to thank John, for acquiring all of the "Fish-mas" goodies for the giveaway bags... THANK YOU SPONSORS!!! Without our sponsors an members, OF wouldn't be what it is today! A very special THANK YOU is deserved by Mustache, his wife and their son, Michael. Michael was working on plaques for all the moderators of Outdoor-Fishing before his unfortunate passing. It was all I could do to hold back the tears when my plaque was handed to me (fighting them back right now, as a matter of fact)!!! The plaque will be displayed in the shop, with great pride and pleasure!!!

Thank you to all the other members that attended: Barresi and his son, Damian; xtopwtaerking and family, fanofthereds, SWPABASS and friend, Fishin' Dave, muskiehunter06 and Jerauld Smith...and a couple buddies that stopped by a couple of days.

Great food and great camaraderie were had by all that attended. If you went away hungry, that was your fault!

There may be some changes for next year's meet, but that is all undetermined at this point.
814-795-2667

espyvilleoutdoors@gmail.com
Espyville Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Espyville Outdoors For This Useful Post:
barresi (06-14-2014), bass or bass? (06-14-2014), PaJNS (06-14-2014), XtopwaterkingX (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014   #18
PaJNS
Executive Administrator/Owner

Thanked 1,623 Times in 872 Posts

Chris even with the limited time YOU made some GREAT meals and everything was Perfect. Heck I think I gained 5 pounds and that is not good. I am watching my BOYISH figure...LOL It was a GREAT time and time seemed to fly. Always does when you are among good people, eating good food and having good weather. Was my pleasure to finally meet Vito, Damian, SWPABASS, Fanofthereds and CastAwayKay. Also nice seeing Chris, muskiehunter06, Fishin' Dave, Jerauld Smith, Topwaterking and Mustache and his Wife and Kids of the Members. I hope all get a chance to use all the Tackle and Stuff that was donated by Our Sponsors and I hope everyone catches a Lunker with the stuff. I wanna see them PHOTOS and reviews. Heck we even got Sketters Batter and Fesslers Sauce to use when we catch a fish to eat...LOL Plain and simple....OUR SPONSORS ROCK !! Each and everyone has nothing but Quality Tackle and other Great stuff. NO need to shop elsewhere but only visit "Our Sponsors" page and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

As soon as we discuss and figure out for next year we will post all info. SO here is to the 2nd annual Espyville Outdoors/ Outdoor-Fishing Members Meet. Thank You to all that attended and made it one I will never forget.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and....HE WILL STEAL YOUR FAVORITE SPOT."

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Outdoor-Fishing THE Place To Talk Fishing and a Great Place To Be. Spread the Word!!
Spread the WORD!!

Find more about Weather in Butler, PA
PaJNS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaJNS For This Useful Post:
barresi (06-14-2014), bass or bass? (06-14-2014), XtopwaterkingX (06-14-2014)
Old 06-15-2014   #19
SWPABASS

Had our first managers Fish Fry at work on Friday.

Fessler's sauce was a hit.

http://www.fesslersauces.com/

SWPABASS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SWPABASS For This Useful Post:
Espyville Outdoors (06-16-2014), PaJNS (06-15-2014)