Go Back   Outdoor-Fishing Forums » Fishing Equipment » Fishing Gear
Notices

Fishing Gear Discuss, share and ask about tackle, rods and reels, gadgets, tools and other fishing related gear.

Old 10-22-2014   #1
StingRay
#Team StingRay

Default My DIY Kayak GoPro Mount

Last weekend after breaking down and getting a GoPro 3+ i needed a kayak mount for it and i didn't feel like spending upwards of 60$+ so i made my own for around 10$ that's better than anything iv'e seen for under 100$ so here it is.
(Took the photos with the GoPro too)

Over view:
[IMG][/IMG]

The top:
So i couldn't find a flat pvc cap so i took my heat gun and go the PVC hot and pressed it on the table to make it flat so i could use the flat GoPro mount on it. and i wrapped it in vinyl tape and sealed the open spots with gorilla glue to make sure it was on good.
[IMG][/IMG]

Safety measures:
So i go some elastic and two crimps, one smaller crimp for the screw threw the PVC and a bigger crimp to go through my kayak seat incase i flip my kayak and my Pole and GoPro go to the bottom of wherever i am.
[IMG][/IMG]

Then incase the adheasive ever falls off the PVC for whatever reason i attached a piece of stainless steel coated in rubber to the pvc pole and used a crimp to make a hole just big enough to go around the PVC screw to make sure it doesnt fall out.
(Sorry for the blurry)
[IMG][/IMG]

Heres a sample of what it looks like in use(I have no idea why its such bad quality)
http://youtu.be/2eaxil6B8bY"> http://youtu.be/2eaxil6B8bY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">
StingRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014   #2
barresi
Moderator & Outdoor-Fishing Salt Pro Staffer

Mount looks good Ray...video quality looks good too. What program are you using to edit the videos? I use Adobe premiere pro.

Freshwater is for drinking, Saltwater is for fishing
barresi is offline   Reply With Quote